‘The Greensand Country Photography Competition’ has launched!
Louise Stewart-Young | Marketing and Communications Officer |
Greensand Country Landscape Partnership
My Greensand Country
Full details on the Greensand Country Website here Photo Competition | Greensand Country
The Greensand County Photography Competition returns and we’d love you to be a part of it. Following on from the series of Photography Workshops led by Phil Richardson of Melen Training, Greensand Country Landscape Partnership is pleased to launch this competition as part of Greensand Festival 2021. The aim of this competition is to capture people’s emotional connection to the landscape and help celebrate it.
The competition is open to all and the theme for the 2021 competition is “My Greensand Country”.
There are no categories for this competition, but we encourage you to be as adventurous and daring with your entries as you can be!
Greensand Country is a beautiful and loved landscape. It is defined by the Greensand Ridge, a band of higher ground stretching from Leighton Buzzard to Gamlingay, which rises out of the surrounding vales to create a locally unique environment. The area contains all of Bedfordshire’s remaining heathland, more than half of its woodland and 29 historic parklands. It is a landscape rich in wildlife and cultural heritage, with its own special qualities and sense of place. A ‘green oasis’ of peace and quiet, rolling countryside and breath-taking views. A place where people feel able to slow down, unwind and connect with nature. Somewhere to escape urban life, breathe easy and feel uplifted.
Please refer to this map to understand the boundaries of Greensand Country.
• There are two age ranges – Children/Young People and Adults (18+)
• Only one photograph can be submitted – make it your best one!
• We can only accept photographs taken on a digital camera
• Photographs must be taken in Greensand Country. In order to validate your submission the location of the photo must be included
• All photographs (once approved) will be able to be viewed on the Greensand Country Website
• Entries from those aged under 18 will need the approval of their parent or guardian
• The deadline for submission is midnight, Monday 3rd May 2021
• Winners and Runners Up will be contacted no later than Friday 14th May 2021
• The prize for both Winners and Runners Up (of both age ranges) is an outdoor exhibition at Rushmere Country Park, in partnership with The Greensand Trust. The exhibition will open on Saturday 22nd May 2021
• For full Terms and Conditions please click here: Photo Competition T&Cs.