2021 will see the first ever Potton Young People’s Town Council. We believe that young people are the future of our communities and we feel it is important that we as a town council invest in them. Potton Town Council will support the Young People’s Town Council (PYPTC) in achieving the following objectives:
• To develop a culture of participation in the democratic process and to develop an awareness of citizenship.
• Be empowered to take decisions and actions to improve the community they live in.
• Form partnerships with local and national organisations.
• Promote respect for each other and the community.
• Encourage all young people to have a voice and believe their views are valued.
If you would like to be a part of this exciting adventure you must fulfil the following criteria:
• Potton resident and / or attend a school and / or organisation in Potton.
• School Year 5–13.
• Have consent from a parent or guardian.
• Commit to attending meetings.
If you can satisfy all of the above and are still interested, please complete the application form along with the parent/guardian consent form, which you can download here, and return by 30th June 2021 to Mrs Sharon Shaw, Admin Assistant, Potton Town Council, The Community Centre, Brook End, Potton, Bedfordshire SG19 2QS or by email to email@example.com.
The councillors of Potton Young People’s Town Council will be elected at the first meeting of PYPTC.