Potton Recycling is a joint Potton Town Council and Potton Hall for All initiative to increase recycling in the town and raise funds for the Hall for All.
We have signed up as a Terracycle public collection point for some of the items which our local kerbside recycling does not take. Items recycled through the scheme will help to raise money for the Potton Hall for All. Collection bins are located at the town council offices in Brook End.
You can deposit the following items in our bins:
– Any brand of crisp packets (including the outers from multipacks)
– Popcorn, nuts and pretzel packets
– Pringles tubes (including seal and lid)
– Biscuit, cake and cracker wrappers
– Flexible plastic packaging from any brand of chocolate or sweets
– Any Kinder branded packaging
– Ferrero clear boxes and gold trays (no other brands)
– Toothbrushes and electric toothbrush heads
– Floss sticks and interdental brushes
– Electric flosser nozzles
– Floss containers
– Toothpaste tubes (not pumps)
– Plastic packaging from oral care products
– Any brand of baby food pouches and caps, and baby snack packets
– Any brand of yogurt pouches and caps
Please see the labels on the bins for what goes where. Items do not need to be washed, but please ensure that toothpaste tubes and baby food pouches are empty and the lids replaced. Please also flatten crisp packets as it makes them much easier to pack.
We also collect Taylors of Harrogate branded flexible plastic coffee packaging and this should be taken to Potton Food Stores on the Market Square during shop opening hours (8am – 6pm Mondays to Saturdays and 8am – 1pm Sundays).
We run regular packing events to sort and pack the waste, and always welcome new volunteers to these! In the first two years of the scheme’s operation (April 2019 – March 2021) we raised over £1,000 for the Potton Hall for all and collected upwards of 700kg of waste, which would not otherwise have been recycled.
To keep up to date with what is happening please like or follow our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/pottonrecycling or ask to be added to our mailing list by contacting the town council office with your email address.