Potton’s Neighbourhood Plan was approved in October 2019 following an independent examination and a referendum which gave a 96% vote in favour of adopting the plan.
The plan gives a vision of how Potton should develop over the next 15 to 20 years. Issues considered include the following:-
• What future housing development over the next 15 to 20 years should look like
• What business development is required / sought
• How we can improve our social infrastructure
• How we should protect and enhance our green infrastructure for people and wildlife
Now that the plan is approved it forms part of the Development Plan for Central Bedfordshire and the policies in the Plan can therefore now be given full weight when assessing planning applications that affect land covered by the Plan.
The published Neighbourhood Plan references paragraph numbers from the February 2019 National Planning Policy Framework Document. This cross reference shows the equivalent paragraph numbers in the latest September 2023 version.
Documents relating to the Neighbourhood Plan
- Potton Neighbourhood Plan Final version Aug2019
- Annex A Site Assessments
- Annex B Green Infrastructure Plan
- Annex C Consultation
- Annex D Character Assessment
- Annex E Design Guide
- Annex F Green Infrastructure Design Guide
- Annex G Vision Policies and Objectives
- Annex H Implementation and Monitoring
- Scoping Report
- Decision Statement
- Referendum Result