Potton Town Council has an overall responsibility for the well-being of your local neighbourhood. Its work falls into three main categories:
- Respresentling your local community
- Delivering services to meet local needs
- Striving to improve the quality of life in Potton
Powers of the Town Council are wide-ranging and ever increasing. Potton Town Council provide and maintain the following services:
- Christmas Lights
- Community Buildings – Community Centre and Mill Lane Pavilion
- Plant Displays
- Closed Churchyard – St Mary’s
- Mill Lane Recreation Ground
- Henry Smith Playing Fields
- Public Toilets – Brook End
Town Council is funded by a ‘precept’ which is collected through your council tax. This money is invested back into your local neighbourhood by your local council to improve facilities and services for you. Your Town Council needs to hear from you to understand what Potton’s needs are, and what is required.
Why Should I Work With My Town Council?
Think about working with your Town Council, or becoming a Town Councillor, if:
- you want to do more for your community, improve quality of life and the local environment?
- you want to influence local decision-making and make sure your money is spend according to local wishes?
- you want to make a difference?