The Chairman Cllr John Hobbs would like to thank everyone who attended the Potton Annual Civic Service on Sunday 17th October 2021.
Major Simon Sadler TD DL attended the service representing HM Lord-Lieutentant Helen Nellis.
Also Chairman of Central Bedfordshire Council, Cllr Brian Saunders; Cllr Martin Pettitt, Mayor of Sandy Town Council; Cllr Alan Cooper, Mayor of Stotfold Town Council and Cllr Rene Madsen, Deputy Mayor of Shefford Town Council.
Representatives from Potton schools, churches, charities, sports clubs and other organisations were also in attendance.
Special thanks go to the children of Potton Federation Choir who sang at the service.
Photo L-R: Potton Town Council Chairman Cllr John Hobbs, Major Simon Sadler TD DL and Mrs Judi Hobbs
A big thank you to all those who took part in Potton’s Autumn Litter Pick on Saturday 16th October!
Keep an eye on the town council website and social media for the date of the Spring Litter pick.
This is a great opportunity for those thinking of a career in childcare to find out more about the role and volunteer in an Early Years Setting.
The course will run on a Friday 9.30 – 12pm, on 15th and 22nd October, 5th and 12th November at Sandy Children’s Centre, Laburnum Road, Sandy SG19 1HQ.
Click here for more information and how to enrol.
Looking for something for younger children to do? Try our Autumn Scavenger Hunt
. It’s really easy to take part and will get them looking for what is in their local surroundings and the green grocers in and around Potton.
All you have to do is download and print the Scavenger Hunt sheet and away you go!
Central Bedfordshire Council (CBC) has confirmed that they will collect your garden waste between 18th October and 30th October. To facilitate this, food waste will not be collected, during this two-week window.
This collection is to help clear the waste in resident’s garden bins caused by the national driver shortages.
* During this two-week window, place your garden waste bins or two council issued bags at the kerbside instead of your food waste bins.
* Do this from 7am on the days you normally have your recycling collected (Potton’s green bin/garden waste collection will be on Friday 29th October).
* From Monday 27th September, you will also no longer need to book a slot at your local Household Waste Recycling Centres (tidy tips).
Visit CBC’s website for more details: https://www.centralbedfordshire.gov.uk/waste-disruption
UpRising will be running their Stand Out programme from 4th to 29th October again this year. The programme is open to 18-25 year olds in England who are unemployed, in part-time or precarious work, or in their final year of education.
Young people taking part in the programme will benefit from:
· A supportive, experienced community of professionals and other young people, all focused on helping individuals to stand out in the job market.
· Support sessions that can be attended in real time or flexible with recorded content with our team for 4 weeks, including bespoke CV feedback and support on where and how to find job opportunities.
· The opportunity to grow their networks and connect with industry experts.
· For up to 12 months after, one-on-one personalised support from a mentor with experience of the world of work, to help and guide young people to access local opportunities.
Read more about this opportunity on Twitter @UpRising_UK and Instagram @UpRising_UK and visit WeStandOut.uk to apply for FREE.